IDG Capital is a world-leading private equity investment institution that has been developing venture capital business as a pioneer in China since 1993.
For years, IDG Capital consistently pursues long-term value investment and maintains close partnerships with local entrepreneurs.
IDG Capital has seven areas of focus: Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT), New Forms of Consumption and Services, Consumer and Entertainment, Healthcare, Advanced Manufacturing/Clean-Tech and Clean Energy. The investment covers companies at all stages of development: start-up, growth, maturity, pre-IPO and post-IPO. The size of investment ranges from one million to several hundred million U.S. dollars.
Our Services Include:
To help our portfolio companies achieve sustainable growth, we access a wide range of resources, including services in branding, marketing, channel development, overseas expansion, human resources, finance and management. Our extensive experience has taught us what entrepreneurial companies need at each stage of development, and we provide seed, venture, and growth-stage funding. Our expertise has helped us weather several market downturns and the global financial crisis -- we have achieved success even in periods of extreme market volatility.
Our global reach is sustained through our worldwide offices in New York, Boston, London, Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Seoul, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Our History of Achievement
- IDG Capital Founded
- Start developing venture capital business in China
- Firm restructured to become the first VC partnership in China
- Initiated partnership with Accel Capital to jointly raise USD Venture Fund I
- USD Venture Fund II raised
- USD Capital Fund I raised
- RMB Capital Fund I raised – one of the first asset managers to manage funds for the China Social Security Fund (SSF)
- USD Venture Fund III and USD Capital Fund II raised
- USD Venture Fund Ⅳ raised
- USD Capital Fund III raised
- First RMB Venture Fund and First M&A Fund raised
- RMB Capital Fund II raised
- USD Venture Fund V raised
- Led acquisition of global IDG venture business and expanded footprint to 12 offices worldwide